At first, I am hesitant to try Muaythai because I am not sure if I can handle the training and all. I think I have a weak tolerance with pain and immune system pero I give it a try parin. It’s my second month now and I am truly happy with how muaythai and boxing helped me. My punches are getting better every session I had and yung level of confidence ko ay naiba na. Before doing the session, my trainer teach me to do the stretching first. Basic routines like, hand and foot stretching and jumping rope. That counts every three minutes. Pero I feel like ang tagal ng 3 minutes. Make sure you have handwraps just like mine.
Let me share with you what Muaythai is all about and what benefits we can get from it.
What is Muaythai?
“Muay Thai or Thai Boxing is the national sport and cultural martial art of Thailand. It was developed several hundreds of years ago as a form of close-combat that utilizes the entire body as a weapon. It is a combat sport of Thailand that uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques. This physical and mental discipline which includes combat on shins is known as “the art of eight limbs” because it is characterized by the combined use of fists, elbows, knees, shins, being associated with a good physical preparation that makes a full-contact fighter very efficient”.
Why I am hooked to Muaythai and what are the benefits?
1. It improves physical fitness and appearance.
Muaythai helped me increased my stamina. During our first leg, I can only do 1 to 2 rounds and getting tired agad. My punches and kicks are improving very well. And because I am really gaining weight, Muaythai helps me burn all the fats that I have. And some friends noticed that my skin is radiant and glowing because of the toxins
2. It relieves stress.
Truly, I feel so relaxed every after session I had. It calms down my mind and body.
3. It develops courage, determination and boost my self-confidence.
Working out even at home is not that easy if you don’t have the discipline and courage to do it. It takes a lot of courage going to the boxing gym every week, some do it twice or thrice a week.
4. Loose weight.
After all, this is my main goal. Because of the thorough work out that Muaythai provides, working on all our limbs and gives you so much sweat, definitely I guess with continuous work out, it will help you loose weight.
5. Be focus.
And because I am a work at home mom, I need to have focus in everything I do. With muaythai, it gives you focus on your goal to be physically healthy and more to life’s goal.
6. Meeting new people and make friends.
Yes, there’s nothing better when we share our experiences with other people and have a grueling session with them and became friends.
7. Learning Self-defense.
Not for being violent but these days which our safety is at stake with the help of muaythai, I am learning the basic of how I can escape to those hard situations and help defend myself or my children.
Results so far?
1. I feel more confident about myself.
2. My skin looks radiant and glowing.
3. My stress level goes down.
4. It increases my stamina and endurance.
5. I become more physically active. I do zumba at home and badminton on the side.
6. My memory improves.
7. I became more patient (before I always easily react)
8. I became a good role model for my children to be physically fit and healthy.
9. Less anger and more happiness.
What you need when training Muaythai?
1. Handwraps, that costs around P400.00-P450.00. Try to canvass.
2. Muaythai gloves. Muaythai gloves are to follow but if you have extra penny to have it since it is way expensive but it is recommended since you can’t afford getting infections from using same gloves that others are using.
3. Don’t forget your tumbler.
4. Extra towel and clothes. Believe me, you’ll sweat a lot.
5. Most of the gym we’ve been to, they have annual membership fee, though it is not a must but you can save some from being a member plus paying the trainer and gym use.
6. Comfortable gym out fit or if you have muaythai shorts, socks and sports bra, that’s fine.
Some says, antiyaga mo? Why?
Simply because it feels great and it gives a lot of benefits. Perfect “me time” that every mom should try. Expect bruises and pain. But it’s all worth your pain. I truly thank my husband for giving a lot of support and he’s the one taking care of my bulilits while I’m away for more than 3 hours.
Source for Muaythai Information: Source: http://www.tigermuaythai.com/about-muay-thai/history; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muay_Thai
Latest posts by Mommy Heart (see all)
- SUCH A TREASURE: GO THE EXTRA SMILE FOR YOUR KIDS - December 7, 2018
- Save and Invest for your Child: Open them Mutual Funds - December 6, 2018
- Secure your Family a Home? Why is it Important? - December 6, 2018