I’m a PWD holder since last year and I believe we should take advantage of our privilege discounts using this in transportation. I asked a few people if they know about it and sadly they are not aware though. Lalo na ngayon holiday season, like me, I usually use GRAB as our means para makabyahe. So below details are the things you need to know how to apply for a special discount. Malaking bagay ang 20% kaya.
How to apply for Special Discounts?
“As a mandated by the Philippine Government, qualified GRAB users who are Senior Citizens, People with Disabilities (PWD), Students, National athletes/coaches are entitled to a 20% discount on every GRAB ride.
What are the requirements when applying for a special discount?
- Senior Citizen ID ( birth date must be visible, or any government-issued ID with birth date.
- PWD ID – PWD ID ( you will send front and back), with 1 government-issued ID.
- Students (only Primary to Collegiate level are eligible) which means Post Graduate like Masters, PhD’s cannot avail of the special discount. Requirements: Valid school ID, current school registration
- For Athlete/coaches- they need to submit Identification card issued by PSC and government-issued ID
- If a PWD is a minor applying for a special discount, the guardian must submit a birth certificate and parent/guardian ID.
Email GRAB Support here email@example.com, they will send you the link to the form.
Upon filling up the form, make sure you are providing accurate information. Select the appropriate status.
On the phone number and email address fields, ONLY enter the GRAB-registered phone number and email linked to your personal account especially if you are submitting your registration via the website and you’re using a desktop.
Use the upload button to upload clear photos or scanned copy of the required ID’s only.
Do not upload unnecessary photos like selfies, and family photos.
Failure to submit complete and accurate requirements will delay the processing of the special discount registration. And failure to comply will be considered fraudulent and the code owner will be penalized by GRAB in accordance with the terms and conditions of special discounts.
Once approved, GRAB Customer Service will email you the special code for you to use. For every ride, you will use that code prior to booking a ride. See the sample below:
Things to Remember:
This is not valid for GrabFood and GrabExpress bookings. In accordance with the current laws Senior Citizens lang, PWD, Student and National Athlete lang ang eligible.
Make sure you will use your complete name indicated sa PWD or any ID’s na gagamitin to avoid delay sa registration. Like what happened to me I always use just like Heart Calimlim, hindi siya valid. It has to be complete kung ano ang nasa ID ninyo.
When is the validity of the codes?
Senior Citizen and PWD – NO EXPIRATION (though makikita ninyo sa app na may expiration siya you can disregard that message. for 1 year from the time of the discount of registration.
National Athlete and Student – Valid only from the time of discount registration
What is the VALID ID’s that you can submit?
Social Security System – SSS ID/Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID) card
Land Transportation Office (LTO) Driver’s License
Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) / Integrated Department of Labor and Employment (iDOLE) card
Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Voter’s ID, Voter’s Certificate or Voter’s Registration Record from COMELEC Head or Regional Office
Philippine National Police (PNP) Firearms License
Should there be any questions pa, please check GRAB FAQ Here
Latest posts by Mommy Heart (see all)
- How to Add Personality to Your Outdoor Space - March 18, 2020
- What To Know Before You Get a New Pet - March 17, 2020
- Caliraya Ecoville Resort: A Superb Place for a Family Getaway - February 21, 2020