The COVID-19 Pandemic intensifies Philippine’s battle against Double Burden of Malnutrition. Double Burden of Malnutrition is defined by the World Health Organization (WHO) as “the coexistence of undernutrition along with overweight and obesity, or diet-related non-communicable diseases, within individuals, households and populations, and across the life course.”
The limited distribution and access to food supplies aggravate the plight of poor and low income Filipino households to sustain each person’s required nutrients through healthy meals. On the other hand, home confinement due to the mandated community quarantine may cause more people to not only restrict their physical activities but also to overeat and/or consume more food with empty calories as part of coping with stress and/or boredom.
Given the importance of maintaining healthy diets to sustain our health and immunity against viruses and bacteria, we should turn to the practice of Pinggang Pinoy® as a viable safeguard to protect our family from diseases.
Ajinomoto Philippines Corporation (APC) introduced “Mag-Pinggang Pinoy® Tayo 7-day Menu Challenge” as a way to encourage homemakers to serve variety of balanced meals to their families. Homemakers could access the Mag-Pinggang Pinoy® Tayo 7-day menu plan at www.ajinomoto.com.ph and facebook.com/CookmunitybyAjinomotoPH. This is part of the company’s “Eat Well, Live Well. Stay Well.” campaign to provide Filipino families with practical tips on proper nutrition, recipe menu and fitness activities to cope, stay well and enjoy life despite current COVID-19 situation.
Ajinomoto’s 7-day menu plan is composed of complete meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each meal provides recipe suggestions for Healthy & Delicious Pinggang Pinoy® Recipes that are easy-to-do and affordable. These recipes are simple, solutions to serve enjoyable Pinggang Pinoy® meals. Homemakers could make use of their extra time to purchase widely available and inexpensive vegetables and fruits to complement rice beyond the usual supply of canned goods. Ajinomoto’s recipes make common ingredients more palatable like tofu sisig, meaty pechay picadillo, pork tapa and tomatoes, ensaladang talbos ng kamote, sweet and sour galunggong and many more. Here are three (3) recipe samplers done in three (3) easy steps:
Meaty Pechay Picadillo:
1) SAUTÉ onion, garlic and ground pork and mix in carrots, green peas and pechay.
2) SEASON with pepper, soy sauce and AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix.
3) COOK for 1 minute more.
1) FRY tofu until golden brown and set aside.
2) SAUTÉ ginger, onion and garlic, add fried tofu and liver spread and mix well.
3) SEASON with sugar and PORKSAVOR® All-in-One Seasoning mix and add chili peppers.
Pork tapa with tomatoes:
1) MARINATE pork in water, sugar, soy sauce, pepper and SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce for an hour or overnight.
2) SAUTÉ onion, garlic and pork.
3) BOIL. Pour the marinate mixture and boil until mixture is thick.
The Ajinomoto Group is a global company with specialties in the business of food and amino acids, guided by our leading-edge bioscience and fine chemical technologies.
Based on the corporate message “Eat Well, Live Well.”, we have been scientifically pursuing the possibilities of amino acids in supporting the healthy lives of people all around the world. We aim for future growth and continuous contribution to greater wellness by creating value through sustainable and innovative solutions for communities and society.
The Ajinomoto Group has offices in 35 countries and regions, and sells products in more than 130 countries and regions. In fiscal 2018, sales were 1.1274 trillion yen (10.1 billion U.S. dollars). To learn more, visit www.ajinomoto.com.
Latest posts by Mommy Heart (see all)
- Hassle-free of Getting your Registry Documents through PSA (NSO) Helpline - June 11, 2022
- A delightful and techy Holiday experience at SM ChristmaSaya Village - November 28, 2021
- The Grand Opening of SM City Grand Central - November 28, 2021